Vicki Klum - Manager, Probity
Background - Vicki has extensive experience in the provision of probity and governance advisory services to government agencies – as a probity advisor with Procure Group for the past 6 years and as an ICAC Senior Corruption Prevention Officer for the prior 16 years.
Diversity of project types – Since joining Procure’s probity services team, Vicki has worked as lead probity advisor on a highly diverse range of complex projects including:
- Design and construct tenders (TfNSW – Wickham Transport Interchange, University of New England – New Student Accommodation)
- Direct negotiations (TfNSW – Automatic Train Protection, Wynyard Station Upgrade, Driver Desktop Simulation)
- Services (TfNSW – Legal Services Panel)
- Collaborative agreements (Sydney Water – Operational and Facilities Maintenance)
- Outsourcing (Hunter Water – Treatment Operations)
- Land sale (Hunter Development Corporation – Environmental Offset Land)
- Select tenders (NSW Health – Illawarra Population Health Information Platform).
Independent Commission Against Corruption - While at the ICAC, Vicki was responsible for preparing probity advice, undertaking corruption resistance reviews, delivering training, drafting publications and undertaking investigations as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This experience has provided her with an excellent understanding of NSW Government expectations with respect to probity and the application of ICAC’s probity principles to procurement.
While at the ICAC, Vicki authored or co-authored a number of publications including:
- Corruption Risks in NSW Public Sector Procurement Recommendations to Government (July 2011)
- ‘Building Organisational Integrity’ Chapter in P Larmour and N Wolanin (eds.) Corruption and Anti-Corruption, Asia Pacific Press, 2001.