Vic Baueris - Manager, Probity
Exceptional probity advisory experience - Vic has worked for more than 20 years in the fields of corruption prevention and investigation, probity auditing and advice, probity risk assessment, business planning and governance.
Diversity of project types – While at Procure, Vic has gained experience in providing a variety of probity services across a diverse range of project and procurement types including:
- Design and Construct tenders with early contractor involvement (RMS - Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads bypass)
- Alliances (RMS – Hume Highway Upgrades, Tarcutta and Woomargama bypasses)
- Delivery Partner model (RMS Pacific Highway Upgrade – Woolgoolga to Ballina)
- RFT followed by Best and Final Offers (Networks NSW – Power transformers)
- Sale of assets by tender (Networks for NSW – Sale of metering business)
- Retail leases by tender (UTS – retail leases)
- Services outsourcing by tender (NSW Health - Warehousing and Distribution Services)
- Direct negotiations (TfNSW - Deed of amendment for North Strathfield Underpass Alliance Agreement)
- Probity advice (RMS – Development of Superyacht Marina at Rozelle Bay)
- Probity and procurement training (TfNSW and Parramatta City Council)
- Select tenders (UTS – Lift renewal program)
NSW Police Force – Vic has also held executive management positions while at the NSW Police Force (1998-2006). These positions include Head of the Intelligence Unit and Head of the Fraud Squad.
Independent Commission Against Corruption – Vic’s experience also includes 8 years as a Principal Corruption Prevention Officer at the ICAC (1991-1998). At the ICAC, Vic provided a wide-range of probity advice to numerous public sector agencies.
Training – Vic has extensive experience as a trainer in procurement and probity, as well as teaching experience at Macquarie University.
Roads and Maritime Services
Upgrade of 155km co-funded by Federal and State governments. Developed interactive dialogue protocols, attendance at all evaluation meetings.
Ministry of Health
Outsourcing of Warehousing and Distribution Services | Services | $90 Million
Establish and operate warehouse for non-medical supplies. Two phased procurement with in-house external bidders.
Treasury and Trading Solution | IT procurement| $200 Million
Integrated cross enterprise platform for TCorp's activities. Procure IT contract used, with market soundings and very large evaluation panel.
Department of Planning and Environment
Accelerated Progression of Growth Centre Precincts by Private Sector Developers | Voluntary Planning Agreement
Developer to pay planning costs of Council and DPE in order to accelerate development. Increased probity risk, Vic developed probity plan and risk assessment.