Stephen Horne - Senior Manager, Integrity Services
Background - Stephen Horne is one of Australia’s leading fraud control experts, offering fraud control and corruption prevention advice, risk assessment, policy development/writing, implementation assistance and training.
Stephen is the architect of the fraud control framework in operation across the NSW public sector. He established the official NSW Government Fraud Control Policy (whilst at Premier’s Department) and authored the best practice guidance to implement the policy (whilst at the Audit Office of NSW). This framework was also adopted by the ACT and Queensland public sectors, and applied by various private sector organisations and some Missions of the United Nations.
Publications – Stephen has led the way to assist growing the public knowledge base on fraud and corruption prevention including is work in co-founding the Corruption Prevention Network together with Warwick Smith and Shane Boyd of Procure Group.
Stephen has also released many publications on the subject including:
- Audit Office of NSW: Fraud Control: An integrated framework Vols 1-3 (author)
- Audit Office of NSW: Fraud Control Improvement Kit (author)
- Standards Australia: HB 405-2004 Transparency & Disclosure Frameworks (co-contributor)
- Standards Australia: HB 325-2008 Assuring Probity in Decision Making (Chair and-co-contributor)
- Standards Australia: AS 8001-2008 Fraud and Corruption Control (co-contributor)
- Transparency and Disclosure - Looking Into Public Sector Governance - Article (author)
- Can I see clearly now? Public sector transparency and disclosure revisited (author)
- 27 years of fraud control in the NSW Public Sector (author)
Audit Committee Membership –Stephen currently serves on 15 Audit and Risk Committees, 5 of which as the independent chair. This provides Stephen with extensive knowledge of good governance, the operation of Government organisations and current risks facing these organisations.