Shane Boyd - Manager, Probity and Investigations
Background - Shane has a strong background in both public and private sector risk management with particular emphasis on managing the risk of fraud and corruption. He is also an experienced fraud investigator and joined the Fraud Squad of the NSW Police in 1989 where he worked as a detective and conducted numerous investigations. In addition, he worked with the Police Legal Branch – Internal Affairs. Following his police service, Shane joined the State Rail Authority of NSW in 1993 as Fraud Prevention Manager. He also worked in this capacity as Senior Auditor with the Freight Rail Corporation (FreightCorp).
In 1999, Shane joined Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu where he worked in both the Enterprise Risk Services and Forensic areas of the business. During this time he conducted numerous fraud and corruption risk assignments with both public and private sector entities. This included fraud and corruption risk assessments, designing and implementing fraud and corruption control programs, undertaking fraud and misconduct investigations, preparing and presenting fraud and corruption awareness training and preparing fraud and corruption control plans and policies. He also provided probity services to numerous organisations.
In 2005, Shane relocated to the United States where he worked in New York City as a Senior Manager in the Forensic, Dispute and Reorganisation Services Group of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. Before this Shane was a Director and had national responsibility for fraud and corruption control services with Deloitte Forensic in Australia.
In 2008, Shane joined Aon Global Risk Consulting as Head of Fraud Risk Services where he worked for the next four years undertaking both local and international fraud and corruption risk projects and investigations.
- Shane led a global fraud and corruption risk management project for the UNFPA that involved working in New York City, Mexico, Thailand, Turkey, Ethiopia and Senegal. This involved reviewing UNFPA’s fraud control program and designing and delivering risk and fraud, and corruption risk training to hundreds of senior UNFPA personnel on a global basis.
- Led a fraud and corruption control project in Uganda for MONUC (United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo).
- Provided fraud and misconduct investigation services to government agencies.
- Provided fraud and corruption control services to numerous public and private sector entities.
- Provided fraud and corruption control services in both India and Laos.
- Provided probity services to numerous government agencies.
- Prepared and delivered fraud awareness training at the NSW Police Academy.
- Delivered fraud and corruption control and investigation presentations at SOPAC, the CPA, IIA and many other conferences including international events.