Mark Loves - Manager, Investigations
Background - Dr Mark Loves is a former police officer (NSW Detective Sergeant) with extensive experience in criminal investigation and intelligence (over 14 years). During his police career he led investigative teams in conducting major criminal investigations across New South Wales as well as leading National intelligence projects focusing on Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. He is a recipient of the NSW Police Medal, NSW Police Commissioners Scholarship and was twice awarded by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) for excellence in the criminal intelligence field.
Many of Mark’s recent investigations have focused on code of conduct, fraud and corruption investigations of public sector agencies through IAB Services. Following the closure of IAB Services in late 2015, Mark joined Procure Group to continue in code of conduct, fraud and corruption investigations.
Mark’s previous experience includes work at the NSW State Rail Authorities (SRA) anti-corruption unit, where he was responsible for the investigation and management of all internal fraud and corruption matters. Mark then joined telecommunications company Optus where he spent eleven years as National Corporate Security Manager, managing all aspects of the Company's Corporate Security, Risk and Fraud Control environments. He led project teams on both domestic and international security projects including projects in Singapore, India, China and Indonesia.
- Numerous investigations within both State and Local Government.
- Investigation of bullying allegations within NSW Government agency.
- Review of bullying and harassment allegations at a State Owned Corporation.
- Development and implementation of Local Government anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies.
- Development and implementation of code of conduct.
- Conducting numerous fraud and corruption risk assessments to assure identification and management of major fraud and corruption risk exposures.
- Provide induction, Code of Conduct and fraud / corruption awareness training.
- Implementation of protected disclosures program and associated reporting frameworks.
- Conducted numerous fraud and corruption investigations.