Charles Corban - Manager, Investigations
Background - Charles is highly experienced in managing complex investigations within the public and private sectors. He has undertaken a wide range of investigations into serious fraud, corruption, maladministration, bullying and harassment. Charles has over 30 years' investigations experience having worked with the ICAC, NSW Police and various other NSW Public Sector agencies and Local Councils.
Many of Charles’ recent investigations have focused on code of conduct, fraud and corruption investigations of public sector agencies through IAB Services. Following the closure of IAB Services in late 2015, Charles joined Procure Group to continue in code of conduct, fraud and corruption investigations.
Charles has extensive experience in investigations at a major Sydney university and NSW TAFE. He also worked for Westpac Group and Insurance Australia Group investigating serious fraud and misconduct and has been proactive in providing advice on the management of fraud and corruption risks within the public and private sectors. He has significant experience in the implementation of fraud prevention measures within the NSW public sector.
He has recently worked at Transport for NSW investigating allegations of corruption and was responsible for implementing corruption prevention and risk management strategies.
- Investigated allegations of employee misconduct at a State Owned Corporation in relation to allegations of systemic theft.
- Investigated allegations of systemic employee misconduct involving timesheets at a major state government agency.
- Distributed Statement of Business Ethics to 5,000 suppliers of Transport for NSW.
- Project managed the establishment of new case management systems for the registration and handling of allegations for public sector organisations.
- Successfully undertook a highly complex and sensitive internal investigation / review into an international trade deal for a major bank.
- While self-employed, provided investigations expertise to a local government which exposed serious corruption leading to the dismissal of a number of employees.
- Exposed serious corrupt behaviour by a public official in connection with the issuing of NSW driver’s licences.
- Investigated and exposed systemic fraud and collusion by motor vehicle repairers involving inflated invoices, identifying savings of up to 40% for Insurance Australia Group.